Tour Code: SL2015-107
Tour Duration: 9 Nights/10 Days
Tour Description: Follow the trail of Ramayana in Sri Lanka by visiting temples and sites from the ancient epic in a land steeped in Ramayana history. Several crucial locations in the story still exist on the island enticing visitors to explore a magical adventure of courage, true love and righteousness. Visit the remains of the palace where Seetha was kept in captivity and walk in the wilderness from where Hanuman the Monkey God rescued Lord Rama and his brother Lakshmana from Ravana, the Demon King of Lankapura. Visit the plain where the final battle between Lord Rama and King Ravana was fought to free Seetha, all this while enjoying the sights and sounds of a mystical and exotic island. With over fifty-one Ramayana connected sites in Sri Lanka, it’s the ultimate spiritual experience in Asia.
- The only Panchamuga Anjaneyar Temple in Sri Lanka
- Manavari Temple where the Ramalinga Shivam is located
- Munneswaram Temple which is one of the five Ishwarams
- Konneswaram temple, one of the five ancient Sivan temples
- Sita Kotuwa where Sita was held in captivity
- Weragantota and Wariyapola, both airports of King Ravana
- Sri Baktha Hanuman Temple with Hanuman as the diety
- Pussellawa Hills where Hanuman first set foot in Sri Lanka
- The Sita Tear Pond formed by the tears of Sita devi
- Patahla Lok where Rama and Lakshmana were hidden
- Gayathri Peedam Temple devoted to Gayathri Amman
- Ashok Vatika where Seetha was kept in hiding
- The Sita Amman Temple in Sita Eliya
- Rawana Cave where Sita was kept in hiding
- End the tour by relaxing on a sunny beach in Bentota
- Airport transfers
- Transport in a modern air conditioned vehicle
- Services of an chauffeur/Ramayana guide
- Tour starts with breakfast Day 01 and ends with dinner Day 10
- Nine nights accommodation in 3-Star or 4-Star hotels
- Sharing double/twin rooms
- Entrance fee for historical and cultural sites
- Fuel costs for the duration of the tour
- 500ML bottle of water per day
- Any other local assistance
- All beverages
- Airfares (can be arranged if necessary)
- Still camera and video camera permits in some locations
- All other expenses not listed under inclusions
- Tips and porterage’s at the airport and hotels
- All expenses of a personal nature
- Visa to Sri Lanka
From AU$1,550 per person/HB/double occupancy in 3-Star hotels / From AU$2,150 per person/HB/double occupancy in 4-Star hotels.
- Fully guided private tour.
- Minimum two passengers.
- Single supplement will apply for only one passenger.
- Tour can be customised to meet your requirements.
- The price will vary according to the number of people on tour.
- Can be changed to include extra days and a better class of hotels.
- Can begin at a date that suits you.
- Peak period supplements may apply.